Kubernetes is a defacto application deployment and management platform. To get the full benefit from Kubernetes system it is vital that both developers and devops understand all the features, possibilities and constraints of Kubernetes. The course focuses on the practical parts of deploying and configuring the applications, seamless application upgrade, load balancing and storage orchestration. The course will contain pragmatic exercises and examples that will focus on day-to-day work with Kubernetes. Additionally the course will touch upon Kubernetes features in Google Cloud, AWS and DigitalOcean.
- kubectl in a day-to-day work
- Power of labels
- Writing YAML descriptors
- Maintaining or organizing YAML descriptors in source control
- Seamless deployment and scaling
- Practical usage of namespaces
- Running single jobs and cron jobs
- Services, ingress controllers and load balancers
- Persisting and sharing data between pods
- ConfigMaps and Secrets
- Managing CPU and memory resources
Participants are expected to have a basic understanding of Docker, though some advanced Docker topics can also be covered in the course on the request.
Developers and devops that are considering or already using Kubernetes.
- Create or update YAML descriptors
- Deploy new applications to Kubernetes
- Debug deployments on Kubernetes
- Use kubectl as the only tool for application management
- Assess deployment architecture
- Use secrets and configmaps to configure the applications