This course gives a detailed and operational understanding of XML. Focus is on what XML is used for and how the different technologies work. Through theory and several practical exercises, the participants get a deep understanding of XML based technologies.
- Introduction to basic XML and namespaces
- Insight into XML syntax and validation
- Review of XML schemas (XSD)
- Analysis of the data type definition (DTD)
- Transformations of XML, via XPath, XSLT and XQuery
- Formatting XML for viewing in a browser, using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- XML and databases
- XML and Web services
A shorter version of this course, same topics and with only a few practical exercises is available. Could this be a better match for your needs take a look at our XML – Extensible Markup Language – Foundation course.
The course is designed for developers, project managers, architects and others that need knowledge to build XML documents and rules/transformations for these, as well as people who have to exchange data and information with other companies and organizations.
- Create and work with XML and related technologies
- Work with XML data, schemas, data definitions and syntax
- Work with XML transformations and rules
- Work with XML databases and Web services
- Due to more in-depth exercises, have more practical knowledge and experience in solving XML based tasks